NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marla Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 00:05:18 -0400
just fine! of course, i'm not exactly a gourmet chef, so my standards may not be as high as yours <g>....

but no one's complained yet about my made-from-scratch birthday cake, whole grain breads, or double-chocolate brownies.......! & i've never noticed a difference in taste or texture....we just switched back to soymilk for a while,tho, (westsoy, vanilla enriched) bc i was concerned about the amt of some nutrients she was getting in the rice dream (relative to some of the soys)....then again, fat & sugar content's higher in the soys....so our plan is to alternate (since dana couldn't care less!)

i've also never been too concerned about any soy sensitivity. she's 4 now, & has been on soy since i began supplementing w/ soy formula when she was a very young infant, & there's no family hx of soy allergy at all (tho don't anything, reallyl, about the heritability of soy allergies....)

Marla Shapiro, Ph.D.
MSC 5A0622
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Georgia State University
33 Gilmer Street SE, Unit 5
Atlanta, GA 30303-3085

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/16/03 11:56PM >>>
Hi Marla,=0D
=0D
How do you like the Rice Dream as far as cooking and baking?  Does it wor=
well for all things?  I've been thinking of using something else along wi=
th
the Silk because I worry about my son developing a soy sensitivity.=0D
=0D
Debby