NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 09:56:08 -0800
Lori,  It sounds like its possible.  I would guess that the asthma has some kind
of trigger, although food allergies are not always a trigger of asthma.  I think
you are right that parents should seek out all possibilities as triggers.   I
wouldn't encourage any special diets( you said it youself you are not a
doctor).   I would encourage them to see their allergist or a new allergist.
Often times when our kids have asthma, allergies, ezcema it is so wearing on us
that its often hard to figure it all out.  Instead of telling them what to do, I
think it is so important that family members encourage each other to getting
help/answers to all of their questions until the child is 100% healthy.  Our
family sends us articles and newspaper clippings that are interesting.  They
also support us in helping us find new products.  But, they don't give any
medical advise.   If they did, I probably would ignore them like I do when
someone who isn't our wonderful allergist gives tells us what to do.    Friends
come to me to get dianosis/medical advise and I always refer them to the
allergist who has suprised me with his accurate diagnosis that I would of never
guessed.

Good Luck,  your nephew is lucky he has a caring Aunt!  Keep up the
encouragment!