NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:19:15 -0700
: On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:50:34 EST Tracy Burk <[log in to unmask]> writes:
: > Just wanted to pass along that my three year old son passed his dairy
: > re-challenge this past weekend and is, I guess, officially allergy
: > free now.
:
: We just did some challenges also and have had pretty good results.  She's
: also 3.  From what I've heard that can be a significant age.

My Alyssa, too, became somewhat less sensitive to her allergens at about
age 3.  She's 5 now, and still cannot actually eat any of them, but she
can at least touch milk without getting itchy hives!  And, as small as this
sounds, it makes being out and about in public alot less stressful!  I
don't have to worry quite so much about cleaning every surface before
she touches it...

Good luck with everyone's challenges - I keep reminding myself that statistics
say *most* kids will outgrow infant allergies... just that mine didn't (or hasn't
yet).

Laurie (and Alyssa, 5yo, allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and walnuts)