NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 08:22:33 -0400
Kathy wrote
<< There is a very strong emotional issue to food, let alone the denial of
 a certain group of foods.  I dealt with it many years ago for myself.
 Married and had a child and gained a whole new group of allergies to
 watch for.  Three weeks ago I got yet another group of allergens to
 avoid when my youngest was finally tested.  >>

5 years ago, I found out my second son had multiple food allergies (different
than my first son).  I found my self laughing because I was in shock.  The
first thing I did was make a list of all the foods we could eat.  I was
surprised how many foods there are.  After that it became fun to find
alternative foods.  If you are avoiding dairy, there are so many subsitutues
on the market you can have  soy or corn margarine, soy or rice ice cream,
 non-dairy sour cream and cream cheese.  etc.  My son allergic to wheat,
dairy and eggs eats wonderful waffles, muffins, pancakes, coffee cake etc.
  For  a strawberry shake, why not try strawberries, rice dream and ice cubes
blended together.  A large health food store is a fun place to start.  Good
Luck.  And in social settings, we just bring out own food.