NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:41:44 -0400
Hi -

We have soy and dairy allergies in the family (although the soy isn't
in the immediate family, so I don't usually check labels for soy), but
I did find a calcium supplement that we all like.  It's Calci-Bite from
the General Nutrition Company.  (It comes marketed for kids and for teens
but both products are identical except for packaging.)  The supplement
contains fructose, sorbitol, calcium citrate maleate, natural cherry
flavor and citric acid.  And on the bottom of the package it tells you
allthe things that it does NOT contain, including soy, dairy and gluten.
My kids like eating it (it's chewable), so maybe your daughter will, too.

We also drink calcium-enriched juices.  And rather than ice-cream, we eat
lots of fruit sorbets (with Hersheys syrup, which is dairy-free).  We
don't care for tofutti, so soy has \n't been an issue there.

Although many dairy-free people come to depend heavily upon soy, it's
not actually necessary to do so inorder to maintain a healthy diet.

I hope this helps,
--Beth Kevles
  Disclaimer:  Nothing in this message should be construed as medical
  advice.  Please consult with your own medical practicioner.