NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:25:02 EDT
Kristin Hulling wrote on Aug. 30 about less obvious signs of allergy and
other ways to test. I personally got surprisingly accurate results from
muscle testing done by my chiropractor. I think I've heard the term applied
kinesiology connected with it. The concept is simple. When an offending food
is placed on the tongue or even just within the electrical field of the
person being tested, the strength of the testee is reduced, indicating a
sensitivity. She'd put the food on my tongue or have me hold it. She would
then put her hand on various organs and push against my outstretched arm
which I was supposed to resist. Reminded me of electrical circuitry.  I
remained steady on most foods, but on some, my strength would weaken and I
couldn't resist as well. Sounded crazy to me, but after I brought in a
grocery bag full of typical foods I ate and she tested me, she came up with a
list of half a dozen things that "shut down my system". I took them out of my
diet and improved dramatically. Corn was the most difficult one for me to
pinpoint because it had a 7-10 day delayed reaction. But after she pinpointed
it, I removed it from my diet and later rechallenged it and got consistent
results, reactions 7 to 10 days later. I've never tested as allergic or had
hives or anything like that to any food. But I know I have sensitivities to
some. And sometimes they go away, which is good news. Anyway, hope that
helps. It's just one more way to consider finding out what's causing the
problem. I like it because it is relatively cheap and non-invasive. Carrie