NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:28:53 -0500
I also developed new food intolerances after I was put on a gluten free
and dairy free diet six years ago.  I began to eat lots of soy based and
corn based foods and  was fine with them for a few years, a few months
after my third child was born I started having lots of allergic and
other problems.  Blood tests confirmed that I was also allergic to soy
and corn.

I'm not sure what causes the changes in some of our bodies but if your
body is prone to having an overactive immune system it can become
sensitve to different foods (or chemicals, or plants or whatever).  I
was always allergic, used to take shots etc but never had any diagnosed
food allergies.  I think that pregnancy really did a number on my immune
system each time.  My really severe illnesses did not begin until after
my first pregnancy.  With each pregnancy I got sicker and more
sensitive.  Now after a long time of avoiding alot of things and
following a rotation diet (never eating foods from the same family
within four days) I am healthy.I still eat no gluten, dairy, soy, corn
or garlic but ocassionally I can cheat and not get a major reaction.  I
think that this type of allergy is different in nature from anaphylactic
reactions but it is just as real though not always recognized by
mainstream doctors.

Larissa Blechman