NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 1997 20:26:32 -0600
>Rachele
>
>How did you cook the wheat and rice to make it more digestable?
>
>Valerie

------------------------------

We were told to dry roast the uncooked rice (which we use only basmati rice
as it is a whole white rice and already easier to digest than others) and
cous cous, cream of wheat, or cracked wheat for a while in the oven.  I did
it until slightly brown and you can smell the nutty flavor.  Then to cook
it with more water than usual.  I used to dry roast a lot at once and keep
it to cook later.  Just be sure it is thoroughly cooked before storing or
the moisture will turn it bad.

I want to add though that I think the herbs he took had a lot to do with
him overcoming the wheat and rice sensitivities. (These were specifically
recommended herbal remedies.)

Also, during the 2 weeks he went through to get over the wheat and rice
sensitivities his nose ran profusely and he was very congested.  But I was
told this is what can happen while overcoming it.  Then all those symptoms
just disappeared.

Rachele Shaw