NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:41:31 -0500
Amazing, also, how many steak places brush their steaks with butter(!).

On the Zagat-style book: that's a good idea, at least to convey how
receptive to allergy they are. It wouldn't be a bad idea for Zagat to score
on "responsiveness to special dietary requests."

Problem with writing  such an allergy book is that it can't tell you where
it's safe to eat (or what's safe to eat there), because of the variability
between chefs, the variability of recipes, etc. As I've just had
reinforced, I can eat anything safely N times, but that's no guarantee that
I'll be ok the next time I eat it (it's sort of the food-allergic person's
version of the gambler's fallacy).

Mark