NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 13:28:13 -0400
>On Sun, 10 May 1998 17:52:53 EDT Kebridan <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>>Did you ever use a formula and if you did what was it?  If a mother has
>>stop breast feeding for some reason and does not want to use a regular
>or soy
>>formula, what choices are there if there is a family history of problems
>>these products?
>
>I didn't find any on the supermarket shelves without corn.  I don't know
>of any without soy.  Dr. Rapp's book lists two sans corn, but at least
>one (Nursoy) is not available in the US anymore as far as I know.  I'm
>still looking for Ricelyte to use instead of Pedialyte which is corn
>based.

The Nursoy was available a couple of years ago, although it was a bit hard
to find in the concentrated form, which was/is made with sucrose, not corn
syrup. I'll look around and see if it was discontinued.

Mark

Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120