NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Illene Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2011 01:00:23 -0400
Isolating, thats the word. I can no longer ingest small amounts of milk or
milk derivatives like I used to. I've gotten past the point of being to
tolerate anything milk. So much restaurant food is off limits and I can
never be sure the wait persons actually check to find out if a product has
milk in it or if they do, do they understand what items in a list of
ingredients are actually milk related. I have to tell friends we may eat
with that I cant have milk, any milk and they have to cook accordingly. I
feel like I'm acting like some sort of diva, telling them what they cant
serve. I need to tell them what milk does to me which is embarrassing and
when they dont understand I have to get graphic. I am not up to that much
anymore. I cant eat like other people. I am at a disadvantage when it comes
to social gatherings. I actually get depressed in grocery stores seeing
things I dearly loved to eat knowing I cant have them anymore. Reading
labels is depressing, I cant believe how many things have milk, whey butter,
etc. Especially the powdered milk, anythign with powdered milk really sets
me off and puts me in misery for days.  When our schedule runs short and we
just pick up a tv dinner to toss into the oven, I have to get vegan and the
choices there are very limited.
Yes, isolating is the word.
Ok, I'm done feeling sorry for myself for now. lol
-Ilene