NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 00:14:55 -0500
Unfortunately, No. If the product was processed on a food line which also
processes products containing dairy, you can be adversely affected. This
has happened to me. However, some enlightened manufacturers say "may
contain traces of dairy" or "processed on a line which processes products
containing dairy". I have personally suffered from this situation. The only
safe way is if it is Kosher non-dairy. I'm told you must pass an inspection
by an entity which verifies that no dairy is used. Unfortunately, many
companies don't seek certification because maybe they don't think it is an
issue. I wish they did, and I'm not Jewish!

Don M