NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:03:13 -0600
Juliann,

Two summers ago when we went to Las Vegas with our milk allergic child
we stayed at the Stardust.  The only thing between the Stardust and
Circus Circus was a McDonald's so you are in close proximity to their
safe meals.  She had the plain hamburger Happy Meal there with no
problems.  We were very pleased with the staff at Stardust being helpful
with breakfast meals in their diner.  We took juice box sized soymilk
boxes and ordered juice, cereal, etc.  The Tony Roma's inside Start was
helpful as well.......though the one in our hometown is not.  I do not
remember what she had there.

We also ate a restaurant in the Mirage when she had a fruit and fresh
veggie platter.  We took a loaf of bread in a Tupperware container on
the plane.  We went to a grocery store and bought fresh veggies & fruit
and an acceptable bologna.  We took p,b&j sandwiches everywhere, not
knowing where we might be when someone got hungry. {NOTE:  It takes a
long time to walk places that don't appear to be too far away!!!}

Before we went I searched on America Online about travel info.  I found
a listing for a kosher restaurant but we never found it while we were in
Vegas.

The only caution I would give you is:  Vegas has a reputation for great
buffets that cost little.  We decided to try the one at Circus Circus.
I was truly disappointed.  It was mid afternoon but people were herded
in and out like cattle.  The threat of cross contamination was
tremendous!!!!!!!!!!  Elizabeth did not eat anything there, only her
food we brought in.  I was not impressed by Circus Circus.  The kids
played a few games but really enjoyed things we found elsewhere more
than they did at Circus Circus.  Maybe things have improved since that
summer.  I don't think I would stay at Circus Circus.  What I saw
appeared to be run down and need of an update.  Please note we were only
there an afternoon and did not see the rooms.  Just thought you might
want to know this before you go.  Maybe someone out there has been more
recently and can help you.

Deborah