NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Wentz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 23:23:30 -0600
Don Wiss wrote:

> Most frozen turkeys may be basted with dairy products, and also have
> HVP/MSG added. But not fresh turkeys. You will find them labeled minimally
> processed, which means water. Around here fresh turkeys are stocked at
> Thanksgiving time, but if not, the butcher can always order one for you.
> Much better than frozen.

Don and Helen,

I have ordered fresh, minimally processed turkeys and they still came
totally loaded up!  Some people just don't understand what you are
asking for I guess (although I know I was very specific).  Anyway, may I
suggest you order from two different butchers/stores so that if one
doesn't understand you will still have a bird to feed the family.  The
other store will have no trouble selling one extra fresh bird a few days
before Thanksgiving if you call them and let them know you will not be
needing it.

--
Kathy Wentz              I've never had a humble opinion in my life.
[log in to unmask]      If you're going to have one, why bother to