NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tori Hocking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 09:03:15 +0930
Jane,

I posted to the list a few days ago and mentioned how I found that dairy
products really affected my personality.

Before I started avoiding dairy products (when I was 20ish) dairy was
probably my favourite food and I would eat it breakfast, lunch and
dinner. I didn't go around weepy all day long and not until my late
teens did anyone think I may have a problem with depression.  I think I
was regarded as pretty normal - friends at school, did well at school,
had a part time job etc but there was definitely something wrong when I
would ring my mum four or five mornings a week in tears because I had to
do the shopping or something and couldn't cope.

Without dairy I don't experience that at all (apart from the odd day
that most people would experience).  Anyway, I just wanted to share my
experience as in some ways it seems similar to your son's.  For some
strange reason it seems we can still function on a fairly normal basis
even eating dairy all day but there is definitely something there that
is not right that hopefully a (relatively) simple thing as giving up
dairy can make a big difference to.

Hope this helps in some small way,