NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MARGARET E HERRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 21:15:42 EST
It looks like someone threw Robert and Ilyia off the No-Milk list,(so I
read recently) but at least we don't have Gonzales any longer.  Are there
any real M.D.'s on this list?  Is Dr. Twogood real or just too good to be
true?

If you are a vegan/vegetarian you never have to worry about using dairy
products.  You just don't use them.  Of course you have to cook with
something, even if we call them "milk substitutes".  And there are those
people who are always looking for a substitute "burger".  If you worry
about milk and other dairy products, you might not like the idea of
eating parts of the dead animal that used to provide those.  We always
say, "if it had a face or a mother, we don't eat it."  (Milk and eggs
both came from a mother.)

I say you can make a "pattie" (burger) out of almost anything and put it
in a bun. You can have a meat-free pattie, with "special sauce" pickle
onion lettuce tomato, on a dairyfree-bun with sesame seeds, too,(if you
are not allergic to them. If you are, it's very hard to get a
sesame-seedless bun in any restaurant!  I have been known to ask for two
bun bottoms so I didn't get any. Restaurants really object to giving out
two bottoms!)

But watch out for those restaurant "vegie-burgers" most have milk or
animal fat in them!

I noticed that lifelong vegans never miss what they never had so they
don't use substitutes, as they never tasted the real thing int he first
place!   Lifelong vegans have had vegan/fed pregnancies for generations.

OK Just trying to stir up a little action here.  I was having such fun
reading this list!

So long                      Maggie