NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 1997 23:18:18 -0500
My daughter has been gluten and casein free since Oct. We have seen some
positive changes in her speech, but this diet is hard and this list
discussion helps.

We just discontinued with the Rice Dream. I understood it was NOT gluten free
because of the barley enyzmes (which are not noted on the box). We are also
only sticking to the frozen dairy flavor vanilla. She just was retested last
week and did ok to both gluten and casein, altho it was an IGE test  (I think
that is a RAST test) and not the IGG.  When she was tested last Oct the only
test that showed anything was the IGG which had real high antibodies to both
the gluten and casein.We're not sure what to do next as the allergist seems
done with us.  I was hoping that he would be the one to help us figure this
thing out.He had talked about referring us to a good GI but didn't , and just
said stay on the diet. (easy for him, he's not 6). We are very concerned
about cd because an older sister was diagnosed with it as a child.

Anybody else been there and done that? What's next?

Thanks for all the help and encouragement.