NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 15:19:51 -0700
I have a newspaper clipping from a few years ago (maybe 1996) outlinning that
Spock had made the comment "Parents have been doing their duty as they were
taught by medicine and dietetics and forcing milk (on their children).  We have
to get parents over that"  Spock had told AP Press.  The article also talks
about other calcium sources and that Spock had noted that 'milk is often
contaminated with traces of antibiotics, can cause allergies and digestive
problems and has been lined in a recent studey to juvenile diabetes. '  He was
going to appear at a press conference with Dr. Frank Oski, director of Peds at
John Hopkins in Boston and Dr. Neal Barnard, president of Physicians Committee
for Responsible Medicine.  Maybe those resources could also help ...