NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:55:07 -0800
This connection has been mentioned many times here. I have seen it in
practice, with both adults and children. One patient came in for
treatment for neck and upper back pain, which turned out to be
aggravated (or caused) by dairy and MSG. His wife came in and thanked me
for helping her husband, but mentioned that his biggest improvement was
in mood. Another wife of a paraplegic also saw the change and commented
(after diet changes) "I have my husband back again."

In the November 1988 issue of Let's Live, an article entitled, "Emerging
from a Schizophrenic Haze" describes the case of a woman who recovered
with supplements and diet changes. "She discovered that she would become
slightly paranoid and have mild hallucinations after eating dairy
products. High gluten grains, such as wheat, rye, and oats, caused
similar problems. She now avoids these foods." She is completely
recovered after years of drugs, institutions, and misery.

Beatrice Hunter wrote a nice little pamphlet called "Gluten Intolerance"
and also mentions research done on the gluten/schizophrenia connection.

I specialize in the diet/pain connection, but I find the
diet/behavior/perception connection to be the most significant finding
in all of this.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.