NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DC Health <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:54:45 -0500
According to the 2nd test, [done almost a yr ago in Jan], my hips improved, but my spine didn't. My bone density is still bad. [I just moved, so don't have my paperwork with me.]

The IV's were 6 months apart. I did ask with the 1st IV, about it being GF; it was. I'm sensitive to casein, maybe lactose. The drug didn't bother me.
The 2nd hospital prepared my arm 30 minutes before they started the actual IV by wrapping my left arm [since I'm right handed] with a hot/warm towel to help raise up a vein.
I had severe reactions to Fosmax and another drug [started with an A]. So I was not too happy about doing another drug. I even had my church pray for me before doing the 1st IV.

ASK about the ingredients to find out.
If you have the hospital staff prepare your arm before, and ask for the BEST iv nurse [as my dr did], you should do fine.
You're in my prayers.
Deb