NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 10:44:00 -0500
I read somewhere that Spinach contains calcium, but it is not in a form that
is usable by the body (or something like that) and that it even contributes
to taking calcium AWAY from the body.  Is this true?  Kale is suppose to be
good, and we tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago (steamed) and it
was pretty good.

Also, I have heard that if your diet is too high in protein, that it can
hinder calcium absorption as well.