NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tracy Burk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 14:42:17 -0500
Hi Everyone!

My son was given a skin test and a RAST test for dairy at one year, and
tested positive for a dairy allergy with both. He has now been retested
with a skin test and a CAP-RAST test. The skin test still came back
positive, but the CAP-RAST test came back at .55 kiliunits per liter which,
the allergist told me, indicates that there is a greater than 95%
probability that my son will not react if he eats dairy. Just wanted to
know if anyone else has had similar test results, and how challenges went!

Thanks!
Tracy