NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Kathy C. Shepard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 09:25:21 -0500
Hi Tanya,

> I had been mysteriously sick for 6 years...

When I first discovered a "milk connection" my symptoms were phlegm in
throat and headaches.  At that time taking Dairy Ease took care of those
symptoms.  But after about 5 years it stopped taking care of the
symptoms.  My symptoms were never "classic" so mine must be an allergy.

Now -- 11 years later -- the ingestion of even the slightest amount of
dairy causes me to have very severe headaches.  The Dr. has diagnosed
the headaches as migraines.  I take Midrin to control them but it is NOT
a panacea.

My own personal diagnosis is that my reaction to daily gets more severe
at each challenge so it is imperitive to watch every bite.

Restaurants are often very accomodating.  Just ask if they will fix
something for you "plain.

This list is a God-send to help me find foods that I CAN eat!  "Thank
you, thank you, thank you!

Kathy