NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:44:38 EST
In a message dated 3/5/99 11:04:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< [snip]
 >I know a lot of you are parents of milk allergic
 >children, but how many milk allergic (not LI) adults
 >do we have out there?
 [snip] >>

My husband is dairy protein allergic - he didn't know this until he was almost
40.  When he went off dairy he lost all the symptoms that had plagued him all
his life - a constantly runny nose, post nasal drip, sinus headaches,
hayfever.  I was so used to hearing him blow his nose that it was strange to
suddenly not hear it anymore!
I went off dairy when nursing my last child.  I felt better, no more irritable
bowel, my head seemed clearer.  I was back on for a while, but my irritable
bowel was really bad and I developed a serious allergy - now if I accidentally
eat something with dairy my throat closes up and I have trouble breathing.  At
first I thought I was having panic attacks, but finally decided to go off
dairy again and poof - no more breathing problems.  BTW, I have the same
reaction to mold.

Kim Sherwood