NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennifer Savoie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:24:35 -0500
Hi Monica,

I'm also relatively new to the list.  I too suffer from eating tofu.  (I
have ulcerative colitis).  You should know that tofu is made from soy and
soy is a major allergin for many people.  Obviously you and I can't digest
soy for probably similar reasons that we cannot easily digest lactose.
We're probably lacking enzymes and we obviously have complications with our
digestion in general because we have IBD.

Hope this is helpful,
Jennifer