NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:49:00 -0700
On Wed, 8 Aug 2001 23:36:32 EDT Heidi  Loncosky <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> In a message dated 8/8/01 3:50:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << Neither of them were anaphylactic though - only GI and skin
> allergies. >>
>
> Do I see a pattern here?  The kids with anaphylactic reactions and
> behavioral reactions don't seem to be "outgrowing" their allergies.

I'm not sure I would lump anaphylactic w/ behavioral.  Some of ours do
cause behavioral changes - in fact any allergy flare of DD will cause
behavioral issues.  Some items more than others.  She has outgrown 2 of
her food allergies after numerous years of strict avoidance and the rest
have lessened in sensitivity - even the one that we are the least strict
about.  I do know of kids w/ anaph reactions that have outgrown them
also.

Kathy

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.