NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 02:08:54 +0100
<snip>
> > Appropriate range?  Whose range is that?  Do we need 60 grams of
> > protein....
<snip>
> > ...  If you like, I'll take this conversation private?  I imagine
> > the rest of the list is getting tired of this.
> I would rather drop this at this point altogether.
>
> Ilya

I am getting a bit frustrated. I have been told that the english cow
disease is caused by proteins.
I am also a bit frustrated of food declarations stating x% proteins.

How many of these are toxic ? I am sure that these 60 grams ehas to be
others than casein and gluten, which I am perfectly well without. Even the
proteins that makes cannibals shaky ( as in Kreutzfeldts or in English cow
disease) will probably not be of any great nutrition value.

I accept the need to generalize, but to set a measur for the need for
proteins are similar to set a measure for the need for metal. We need lots
of different metals but we manage well without quicksilver or plutonium in
our bodies. Other metals becomes poisonous when we get to much.

To me this debate has become a bit meaningless.

Martin Finne.