NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:35:07 -0500
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Loveeles wrote:

> place.  Sometimes they are near the nutrition
> information while sometimes they are on the front
> towards the bottom of the package.  Look for various
> symbols such as K or U, sometimes with a D or DE next
> to them.  The D means "contains dairy" while the DE
> means "made on dairy equipment".  There are several

Often foods marked KD or OUD have no dairy in the ingredients list.  My
assumption has been that in these cases, the food was prepared on a line
or even a facility that is certified KD or OUD, but may or may not contain
traces of dairy.

--
 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |