NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:16:49 EDT
Dealing with the dailyness of being dairy-free (and for a while meat-free
too) led me to write a 256 page cookbook! I didn't like many of the ethnic
vegetarian type recipes I found. I wanted American meals that tasted like
American meals. I wanted dairy substitutes to actually taste like dairy. I
also learned to cook a lot with legumes (beyond baked beans) and found or
came up with lots of good recipes that are one-pot meals. I spend much less
time in the kitchen than I used to when my meals centered on meat and milk
products. A pressure cooker really helped. Silken tofu makes wonderful,
dairyless creme pies! I will notify the list when I finally finish editing
it. I wrote it with a sincere desire to help people in this situation, such
as I was, who didn't have all the time to do the experimenting. (Neither did
I! That's why it has taken 5 years!)
Carrie Micko-author: "No Meat, No Milk, NO PROBLEM!"