NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:18:24 EDT
Hello,

     I hope that I am posting this in the right place, my apoligy if not.  My
daughter is 14 months old and is having a rash that I am wondering may be
caused by milk.  Her rash is covering her arms, legs, with a little on her
face and belly.  She does not itch.  Some days the rash is much more
noticeable and each red dot stands out and looks swollen around it.  I am
trying to cut out possible allergy causing agents and have stopped giving her
eggs and chocolate and my next step I believe should be her milk.

      These bumps started several weeks ago and have slowly gotten alot worse.
She has been on plain milk since just before her 1st birthday.  I am thinking
of trying her on something I have heard of called "Good Start" by carnation.
I believe they say it is after formula but before the milk.  Does this have
any milk in it?  Has anyone had any experience with using it?  And does anyone
have any experience with a rash that dosen't itch coming from a milk allergy"?

      Any help is very appreciated.  I had taken her to her ped. doctor who
gave her Pedipred to clear her up.  After only one dose she took a nap and an
hour later woke up screaming and was uncontrolable.  This had never happened
before and I didn't give her any more thinking that it was a bad Prednisone
reaction.  Two nights later she woke up the same way.  Now I wonder if the
Pedipred triggered some sort of night terrors in her. Anyone had any
experience with reactions of this sort?

   Sorry for the long post.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions

                          Tammy