NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 07:22:15 -0500
On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:26 AM, Susan Gallant wrote:

> WOw, that's the first time i heard of someone having stomach
> reactions to milk
================

If I have milk by accident I am doubled over with lower abdominal
cramping and I have pitch black, sticky stools.

I just had another idea for Holly.   I keep kosher so I only buy
products that have a pareve hechsher (that kosher symbol that
indicates whether a product is made according to the strict Jewish
dietary laws. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hechsher
http://www.kosherquest.org/html/Reliable_Kosher_Symbols.htm)

I find that when you are dealing with kosher pareve products your
concerns about cross contamination are reduced.

Which brings me to another point.  Are you calling manufacturers and
checking about cross contamination?  Quite often a line is used to
manufacture both dairy and non dairy products and the cleaning of the
line may not be good enough to protect against cross contamination.

HTH
Sherene in Norfolk