NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 08:28:14 -0800
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 07:25:55 -0800 Amanda Lucas
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>enough, I stopped taking them because I told my doc
>they made me very ill, ie severe headaches, mood
>swings, etc.

This may not be due to the lactose.  Many BCP's can have that reaction in
anyone just due to the hormones.  I have one friend who only gets
migraines if she takes BCP's.  You might want to just try some other
brands/concentrations.  Or you could try one of the "mini" pills that
don't have the estrogen in them.

BTW - I did a little looking around before and could not find one that
did not have lactose.  However, the minute amount of lactose in the tiny
pill did not see to effect me, but I'm not sure if I'm LI or
allergic/intolerant or both.

Kathy P.
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]