NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Not-Milk Woman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 07:29:18 -0700
Hello All,

As a new list subscriber, I just wanted to send a quick note of introduction to the
group.

At the moment, I'm enjoying a declicious slice of milk-free toast fresh from the
bread oven. Thought I might as well start by sharing my favorite recipe. I'm also
interested in any other great, tried, tested and true non-milk bread machine recipes.

OATMEAL BREAD:

1 Cup Warm Water
2 Tbsp. Oil (canola, saflower, try a variety for
             varring buy YUMMY results)
2 Tbsp Honey (Maple Syrup, Succant or other non-nutra-
              sweet type)
1 tsp. Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Rolled Oats (real--not instant!)
1 Cup Flour (White)
1 Cup Other Grain Flour(s) (may be mixed fresh ground
             flours to equal one cup or try wheat)
2 tsp Bread Machine Yeast

Toss it all in according to your machine's instructions and get ready to ENJOY! Best
topped with either a homemade nut or a fruit butter.

---
Not-Milk Woman
www.notmilk.com

http://www.mailexcite.com