NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dawn Hyatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 10:08:51 -0600
>Asthma is not a disease that creeps up on you over time.  You are either born
>with reactive airways or you are not.   Allergies can make it Worse but
>CANNOT CAUSE asthma.

        I was always told that too (born with it or not) but recently my son
started sounding like me when I have an asthma attack and I took him in to
the doctors. They claim that a 4 month old child does not have the ability
to be asthmatic yet. So IF  they are right, you aren't "born" with it. (I'm
still highly skeptical) It is so hard to know if doctors do or do not know
what they are talking about as each has completely different
information/recommendations/ideas. Stef do you have resources on this info?
I'd like to track down some answers for myself.