NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:27:29 -0800
> ...What is the reaction you all have seen to msg.   I have noticed two or
> three times that my son seems to get aggressive and hyperactive with it.
> Send top ramen to school, get a discipline slip home for fighting after
> the lunch recess!   Is this a common response?
> Janine B

Yes. I have observed and documented MSG reactions for about 8 years now
in chiropractic patients who complain of neck pain, back pain, and
headaches. The most common reactions I have seen are: neck and shoulder
pain (on the left 75% of the time), headaches, mood changes, panic
attacks, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, fullness in the
throat, elbow pain, stomach upset, and mysterious bruises.

Mood changes and panic attacks are very common. I have seen many
different kinds, from violence, rage, depression, a feeling of dread,
nightmares, to a feeling of drunkeness. The most common reaction looks
like a heart attack. I suspect many heart attacks ARE reactions to high
doses of MSG.

I have written a little booklet called "MSG is Everywhere" that I would
be glad to send to anyone who is interested. Send your post office
address to my personal email if you would like one sent your way (no
charge).

Dzaniel A. Twogood, D.C.