NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Debbie Benstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 20:19:52 +0200
Mark Feblowitz wrote:
Our son is anaphylactically allergic to milk. But he tested negative to
milk in both skin and RAST tests.

Been there, done that. Avigayil tested negative to milk too, but I
insisted they do another skin test. This time it was very very positive.
The doctor thought that the first skin test essence (or whatever you
call it) was no longer potent for some reason. Just goes to show that
parents do know best.

We took Avigayil to the local pediatrician because she had an
excema-type rash. After going through her medical history, he said it
was probably an allergic reaction to something and prescribed a cream
which was lacto-based. When we asked if it was therefore derived from
milk the ped. said yes, but it's Ok because she's not going to drink it!
Well escuuuse me!! Those of us living with anaphylactic kids really need
to watch out for everything!

This list is a fantastic resource for us and I thank everyone for their
contributions.

Debbie