NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:26:46 -0500
I tried the Bioallers Dairy Allergy Relief product with my son when
he was maybe 9 yrs old (now almost 15).  I have no idea if it did
anything.  Every time I would start it he would get congested
(although that was typical for him at that time) and since he would
get asthma I would have to stop so that the asthma didn't flare
up.  But over time the allergy has lassened.

Personally, I think it is worth a try. We have had great success with
many homeopathic remedies over the years.  I keep thinking to try it
again with him now that he rarely gets congested and the asthma is
also very rare.

My son's dairy allergy was noticed at birth when I started using a
baby massage preparation that had milk in it and he would break out
into hives where it had touched his skin.  Also, if he ingested any
amount of dairy he would break out into hives on his whole body.  We
were extremely careful as to what he ate; and then, when he was 4, at
preschool we found out that someone had baked muffins for a snack
that had a cup of milk in the whole batch and he had no reaction, so
obviously he was better.  This made life so much easier to know that
some milk cooked into things, or whey in store-bought products, etc.
didn't do anything.  Still at 15, however, he cannot tolerate any
fresh dairy products (except butter which he never reacted to--except
for hives around his mouth if it was spread on anything) or cheese
cooked into something--he still gets hives on his eyes only, and a
stomach ache.

FYI, even though the butter has never bothered him I have never used
it in the house.  I have used only oil and ghee (clarified
butter--which is butter with the milk solids removed--very tasty, and
used in Indian cooking--I use it just as you would butter for cooking
and baking).