NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:03:40 -0400
[log in to unmask] wrote:

 >Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am still on this list.  I thought I was  lost.  Maybe
 >I was temporarily misplaced or there was a glitch in the  system.

Well, there have been major problems with AOL. Apparently some AOL users
click the this is spam button on list mail from maelstrom, and AOL then
blocks all mailing list mail from maelstrom for a few days. Some of these
are list owners. We as owners get all e-mail sent to the
<listname>[log in to unmask] address. These addresses have
become popular addresses to spam. Some list owners are clicking the spam
button on these spams. But, as they are forwarded by maelstrom, maelstrom
then gets blamed.

To start, St. Johns is planning to prohibit list owners from using AOL
addresses. If the problem continues, AOL users just might have to get
another e-mail account to get list mail.

Don.