NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 16:27:54 -0500
>> It would be good, however, for the general population to know that milk is
>> implicated in a few disorders, so that they might try a period of dairy
>> avoidance before going to greater extremes.
>
> Excellent point...however, how do ya' propose to get anyone to listen?
> My family has had dairy allergy as far back as my grand parents...on both
> sides. Two family memebers died from consuming dairy inspite of their
> allergies to it...and there are members of my family even who wont try a
>trail
> period to discover the truth.  This is human nature...people don't seem to
> want to seek the truth..or listen to it, or apply it once they have
>discovered
> it.

Yes. Even I ignored my suspicions that dairy was implicated in my
arthritis, since I noticed that it flared worst a day or two after an ice
cream or pizza binge. It wasn't until my GP suggested that I try to cut out
dairy to help manage my hay fever that the arthritis went into permanent
remission (well, almost permanent, except for those times I cheated or made
mistakes :-). The arthritis was almost unmanagable before this; after 3
milk-free months, I was playing soccer!

I guess the message here is that there need to be more research reports
published in refereed medical journals so that more doctors would recognize
such ailments and suggest elimination of dairy products and a first course
of action.

(The arthritis connection was published a couple of years after I
discovered it for myself).

Mark Feblowitz