NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 09:34:53 -0400
>Now that Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Daz sorbets now have labels that say their
>products may have traces of milk in them (due to line contamination) I am in
>search of a sorbet that is pareve.

Have you been able to tolerate them before the label change? Have you
checked to see if anything has changed other than the labeling? It may be
that they have added the label warning for the sake of liability protection
but have introduced no more dairy than before. Certainly worth a call if
these foods were formerly tolerated.

My son (a hair-trigger allergic) and I are both allergic to dairy and we
both tolerate B&J's Devil's Food Chocolate Sorbet.

Are you near a Trader Joes? They sell sorbets which, I believe theirs are
pareve. Here' the list of their frozen items. The list was found at
http://www.traderjoes.com/tj/products/brochures/kosher_east.stm#FROZEN

  Trader Joe's Fat Free Fruit Floes Cranberry Juice

  Double Rainbow Sorbet, Chocolate
  Double Rainbow Ice Cream, Cappuccino Chocolate Crunch
  Sharon's Sorbet, Coconut
  Sharon's Sorbet, Coffee
  Sharon's Sorbet, Lemons
  Trader Joe's Fat Free Fruit Floes Lime Juice

I absolutely *love* the Chocolate Double Rainbow Sorbet; the Coconut
Sharon's Sorbet is good if you're looking for something that is tasty and
also has a fat content.

Good luck

Mark
Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120