NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 06:53:24 -0700
Thanks for the info!  I ended up having no problem w/the Chinese chicken.  It was quite tasty. :)  I'll check out the waffles over at "My Organic Market", which is a store near me similar to Trader Joe's.

Regarding ice cream which someone mentioned, you should try finding a store that sells brands such as Soy Dream, Rice Dream, Tofutti etc.  It tastes just like ice cream but they use the term 'frozen dessert' to describe it.

I also have found a way to make the Tofutti milk/casein free cheese edible. Lol.. I've been making garlic bread with it.  The trick is to let it bake for longer than you normally would, like 12-15 mins at 400 degrees.  Then it's almost like melted cheese.. nice if you really have a taste for cheese.

Eric
 Ellyn Adler wrote:
Chinese Food: In the US (the Northeast, anyway) General Tso's Chicken (and