NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christine Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:10:23 -0800
Hello everyone,
Nancy, I hope you are feeling better, and taking some steps to take care of
yourself in the future.
Mark, thank you for your detailed response.  I am usually just a "bystander"
on this list.  I found your response helpful even though it wasn't my
situation that occurred.
I'm interested in talking with some other adults who are food-sensitive.  I
was recently diagnosed as cow's milk-allergic.  I've been on an elimination
diet for about 2-3 months.  I'm a little confused as to how to proceed with
the diet--I've been pretty strict so far, but lately trying some things as
my doctor told me to experiment a bit.  I'm finding it difficult to get
answers from restaurants, etc. about what's REALLY in their products.
Sometimes I resist; other times I "try" the food anyway, and am not sure if
I should be doing this.  I have never had a severe reaction.  I do have
EpiPens.  What is befuddling me is that some reactions are unpredictable
(when I become symptomatic, but not severe).  Does anyone have some advice
or feedback on this process?
Thanks,
Christy Martin
Seattle, WA