NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jenny Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:20:55 -0500
Greetings. My son is on antibiotics for the first time since we discovered his milk allergy (at age 4 1/2, only 4 months ago!). It causes his behavior to go haywire & his digestive system to turn to mush, so to speak. He's been on Augmentin now for 48 hours and his behavior is out of control. The pharmacist says "no milk" but I am highly suspicious. The ingredients list amoxicillan, but there's no way of knowing whether milk products are part of making amoxil. Please share any similar experiences. It's possible Ben is jut having bad days, but he hasn't acted like this since we cut out milk products.....and we're losing it with him!

Thanks a bunch.
Jenny Forbes