NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 21:28:34 -0500
Minute Maid orange juice with calcium is dairy free.  I don't know about the
Famous Amos cookies, but I did get a list of dairy free products from Frito
Lay which included the following "Grandma's" brand cookies:  Homestyle
Molasses Big Cookies, Homestyle Oatmeal Raisin Big Cookies, Homestyle Peanut
Butter Big Cookies, Peanut Butter Mini Cookies, Peanut Butter Really Big
Cookies, Peanut Butter Sandwich Crème Cookies.  We haven't tried any of the
cookies because my son also has a peanut allergy and the risk of
cross-contamination for peanuts appears to be pretty high.  In our area
"Colonial" brand hamburger and hotdog buns are safe.  But the ingredients
may vary slightly by region.  You would need to check with the local bakery.

When in doubt about a product always call the manufacturer.  Some can be
pretty helpful and even provide you with a list of their products which are
dairy free.  Others may be much less helpful.  I avoid the products from the
ones that can't guarantee they are dairy free with a pretty high certainty.

Sandy

Can anyone tell me if the minute maid juices
with added calicum are dairy (casien) free?  How about Famous Amos cookies?
Are there any good store brand hamburger/hot dog buns
that are dairy free?