NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:35:34 -0500
On 2/9/07, Molly R Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks Shez
>
> For the thoughts on alternatives to soy, I'll have to develop a taste for
> almond milk, now that I love soy. You did meantion creating a diet that is
> natural and doesn't use fake things to replace what we can't have, is
> there
> any paricular cook book or other items you use to help in this process? I
> do
> go overboard with soy alternative products to eat the things I used to eat
> with dairy.

One source you might look for are kosher Jewish cookbooks.  Any recipes
including meat will not contain any dairy.  Sometimes they do use soy
alternatives, but mostly they just don't try to be dairy-like at all.

In general, I just look for recipes that already don't contain milk products
or substitutes.  It means getting used to a different way of eating.

--Robyn