NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Becky Leppard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 09:59:28 -0400
A long time ago I bought 42 oz of Spectrum Organic Shortening- Non Hydrogenated
made of 100 % palm oil.  I have used it, but my cookies did spread but I also
used non gluten flour.

I also bought some Spectrum coconut oil in the food section of a health food
store and when I got home realized the label said-- for body care!  Does anyone
know if it is OK to eat this.  The ingredients say 100% refined coconut oil no
preservatives or additives. How much do you pay for the coconut oil at the
Indian Grocer?  I paid $4.24 at the HFS for 14 oz.