NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Selena Gi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:54:59 -0700
Recently, I've been getting sick from apples. I remember vaguely hearing something on the radio about a new environmentally-sound treatment for apples out there that coats them in milk as some sort of pesticide or preservative. Has this gone national now? Or was it just an experimental thing? I can't remember exactly what they said. Has anyone else out there had a similar experience?

On the other hand, I have lots of allergies so I can't be sure what's going on there? That convention story made me laugh. I have the sense that eating out in general is a terrible idea. I have had the opposite happen, instead of being served something totally plain people keep trying to convince me that something is safe and good for the environment. Suddenly I'm allergic to newsprint (environmentally friendly soy-ink), the yoga mat (environmentally friendly latex), vegan gravy and vegan pastries are both dairy free (but unfortunately have a lot of soy protein which I am highly allergic to) or fried fish from a restaurant with allergen disclosures on the menu (I don't know what made me sick in that one?).

-Selena