NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jen Snead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 2003 13:20:30 -0400
I read on a site while I was researching milk allergy recently that 92% of
those who are allergic to cow's milk will also be allergic to goat's milk. I
have a good friend whose child is allergic to cm--she found this out after
weaning her daughter. The child put her hand in the cereal bowl of a sibling
and immediately got huge hives on her hand. At first my friend thought it
was additives in the Fruit Loops :o) After finding out that she was indeed
allergic to milk, the mom had a lightbulb moment--that explained why the
child cried all the time while nursing. The mom had no clue she was allergic
to milk and continued to eat dairy products. Against the odds this child is
able to drink goat's milk--has been for several years now. She is able to
tolerate some dairy products now, but my friend has learned that if the
child doesn't want it, to not force the issue.

Jen

---