NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 08:46:22 -0800
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 11:28:23 -0500 Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>PolyViSOl also comes in a liquid form.

And, it's pretty nasty!  It even smells terrible.  Our 9 month old still
wrinkles up her face when I give it to her.

>We buy ours from our HMO pharmacy, but I've seen it available at some
>supermarkets.

PolyViSol is available OTC in the US.  PolyViFlor is prescription only.
We use the flouride one because they don't flouridate the water here.
Both are equally nasty tasting.  I don't really know of anything else in
liquid form.  There are other brands, but I think just as vile.

One the liquid vitamins, be very careful.  We got generic ones the first
time we had the prescritption filled.  Turns out they have carmel color
in them that apparently is dairy based.  We could not figure out why
Alyssa's eczema was getting worse and she was spitting up all over the
place.  I knew that I had not eaten anything suspect.  After about a
week, we realized that it coincided with starting the new vitamins.  Had
a hard time getting it filled with no substitutions, but after we made
the switch, everything cleared up.  The PolyViSol/Flor are OU-Parve.

Kathy P.