NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:09:40 -0600
I have to admit, my son reacts to "artifical butter flavor" every time.
He's specifically allergic to alpha-lactalbumin found in whey, so it maybe
be a very specific reaction and those allergic to other parts of dairy may
not react?  We have not been able to use the butter flavor crisco.

Gail ~ SAHM to Ryan (3)

> CRISCO artificially flavored BUTTER FLAVOR=20
> (All-vegetable shortening sticks).=20
>
> Ingredients: partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oil, mono
and=20
> diglycerides, artificial butter flavor, and beta-carotene (pro vitamin
A,=20